6 Fun Winter Break Activities for Kids
December 19, 2018
It's almost time for schools to let out for the holiday break so be prepared to stop boredom in its tracks! These six activities are simple, fun ways to keep kids occupied on their days off, without them ending up in front of the TV. Plus, with minimal materials needed, these activities are perfect for kids to do with parents, grandparents, other relatives or babysitters.
1. Snow Painting: All you need is some food coloring, paintbrushes and snow. It's an easy way to get the kids outside and let them explore their artsy side. Just make sure you bundle up!
2. Forts: Grab all of the extra blankets and pillows around the house and make a huge fort! Your kids can spend the day playing board games, reading or playing with toys.
3. Mini Chopped Challenge: Find some random ingredients in the fridge or pantry and let your kids create a meal out of them, with your help. It's a great activity for children to learn about cooking and have fun while doing it.
4. Scavenger Hunt: Send your kids on a scavenger hunt throughout the house with clues that will challenge them. This can keep their brains sharp to help prevent a rough transition back to school.
5. Jeopardy: Host your own Jeopardy tournament with dry erase boards and flashlights. Use the flashlights as their "buzzer" and whoever flashes it first gets to answer. Plus, a quick Google search pulls up tons of pre-made Jeopardy questions for kids.
6. Gingerbread House: Crafting a gingerbread house is a timeless winter activity and one that your kids will love. Place an old plastic tablecloth on the floor to catch all of the sprinkles and candies that will undoubtedly drop. In the end, the mess is worth the fun they will have.
No Registration necessary! Come on out and burn those calories before the feast AND support our Local Mount Joy Fire Department!
Downtown Harrisburg is the center of the action during the holiday season, with shopping, food, and memorable holiday events. The annual Harrisburg Holiday Parade, beginning at noon November 17, is always one of the most exciting events of the season, and this year's parade will be here before you know it.
Bring the whole family to enjoy a day of holiday-themed fun, with a parade, awards ceremony, and plenty more to enjoy downtown after the festivities are complete. Our real estate agents have the details on what to expect from this year's annual event.
Harrisburg Holiday Parade Details
The parade is a celebration of the upcoming holidays, and of all the things that make living in Harrisburg special. If you're shopping for Harrisburg homes for sale, this is a great chance to see what life in the city is all about.
Meet Santa in Strawberry Square
The holiday fun doesn't end when the parade is complete; in fact, it's just getting started! After the parade, head to Strawberry Square for the awards ceremony, which kicks off at 3 p.m. Watch as parade participants are recognized for all of their hard work and enjoy free hot cocoa and cookies. There will also be a meet & greet with Santa Claus himself, which is always a highlight for Harrisburg families. Once all of the parade festivities are complete, be sure to visit the unique businesses of downtown Harrisburg for some holiday shopping and fantastic food.
Are you ready to find a home close to the attractions, entertainment, and special events in Harrisburg throughout the year? Contact Rose Madar 717-475-3885 at BHHS Homesale Realty to buy, sell, and learn about homes in the Harrisburg, PA area.